Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The End, part deux



So today I officially finished the first week (6 days) of Insanity. I can't tell if it's getting easier but the routine of not drinking, going to bed early, getting up and working out certainly is. I do feel like I have more energy perhaps then ever before - at least in recent memory. I can take tomorrow off but I might do Friday's tomorrow and then take Friday off - depending on my analysis schedule.



Oh! And I haven't talked that much about analysis but I'm in the process of terminating. I mean, this could take 2 weeks or 2 years... who knows. But I love it and it's hard and on some level I'm intersted in completion.




For Breakfast I had 2 egg whites, 1 egg and with mushrooms and onions. I've also - oddly enough, finally learned how to make an omelette and I think it has something to do with the egg whites...




For my other 4 meals I've brought brown rice with steamed brocolli and green beans (I had some of these last night with my turkey burger and they are delicious) and one piece of toast with a banana and almond butter and finally a spinach salad with apple, cucumber, walnuts and grilled chicken. I will order my last meal - I was too spent this AM to make 4! - from a place called FUEL in this armpit of a neighborhood called South Park Slope. UGH.




And tonight we are going to the opera to see La Traviata! The only other time I've been was in the cultural capital of the world, Binghamton, NY, where I saw Samson and Delilah. I can't remember the circumstances under which I went but I'm sure it had something to do with Gay Uncle Tim. Mom was never one for culture. On her last trip to NYC she thought eating at Applebee's and Ruby's was culture enough (Get me to the M& M store!)




I digress. Oh! And let me tell you my theory about caffeine before. Doesn't seem to change anything except during my second round of warm up and totally had to stop and poop in the middle so I missed half of jumping jacks and all of butt kicks. But it was a good poop, so worth it.




Also, I'm convinced that once I see the doctor on Friday my workouts will be easier because I'm coughing up phlegm like something. It's disgusting and my throat hurts like I've been brushing with sandpaper.




More later dear readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment