Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Gotham Writers Workshop

Good Morning Dear Readers!

Last night I had my first class in TV Writing II. It's for writing TV pilots and yes Dear Readers I have an exceptional idea! Emmys! Golden Globes! Writers Guild of America! Let me say, first of all, that it was not actually my idea. This belonged to a certain Ms. Nurse Abby. I'm the wingman on this project but I'm convinced - like in most things - I'm indispensable. But we do have a very good, fleshed-out concept that I can't wait to start writing. I'm going to start this weekend and maybe Wednesday night (tomorrow) as long as Mesrine: Killer Instinct and Mesrine: Public Enemy #1 doesn't end on Thursday in which case I'll see those two back-to-back (double bubble!).

Anyway... last night at class we had to write a pitch for an existing show. I chose Friday Night Lights because I LOVE that show. And basically, I won! Our teacher, Jim Mendrinos loved it... he was practically weeping. Okay, so weeping may be a bit strong but I do think I saw his eye twinkle. There are some real gems in this class. I love it. I LOVE it. It's really fun. And this class is at some petit-bourgeois elementary school in the West Village. Sweet Christ I'm sending my children there!

Before class Abby (that's Nurse Abby in case you're confused) went to Tea & Sympathy for dinner. She had Welsh Rarebit and Earl Grey Tea and I had a grilled chicken sandwich on 7-grain bread with green tea. It was delicious. Abby, in college, once had a band called Welsh Rarebitch. She's going to be in TITLE:TBD with me. She knows three chords and if you ask me that's two too many. WE WILL ROCK!

Tonight Dear Readers I am going to see The Milk Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore by Mr. Tennessee Williams starring Ms. Olympia Dukakis! We're big fans of Olympia these days because in March we are going to St. Maarten, the French side of course!, and staying at her former villa, Villa Steel Magnolias - no lie!. Anyway, with a title like that and that author starring that grand dame of stage and screen I can only imagine that the play is about menopause. But what do I know? PS - this is an actual picture of the Villa... I can't wait! Oh and this is part of the reason I'm doing Insanity because I want to look like Bo Derek in "10" when I go there. Replete with hard nipples and braids with puka shells in them. I am growing my hair Dear Readers... did I not tell you?!

Oh and one more thing for this post. My watch is still broken. Hint hint.

2 comments:

  1. dude you are seriously out of control here. but hilarious. i'll join your band. and let me know about your watch and if you get it fixed.

    ReplyDelete