Monday, January 24, 2011

Jets!


ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh-oooh-hooo-hoo JET!

I love Paul McCartney, particularly his solo stuff and Wings. I just do. I like the Beatles fine but nothing compares to post-Beatles Paul for me (here comes the onslaught of Beatles' fans!)

Anyway, this post is really not about Sir Paul although I do love this line: Drink to me, drink to my health, you know I can't drink anymore.

I think I like that song in a "OMG our friend just died and now we're old sort of way"... like that movie with the late-30 somethings/early-40 somethings and their friend kills himself and they all get together and listen to Black music... what the shit is the name of that?

Anyway, this post is about The Jets. The football team (can you believe Dear Readers - two sports posts in a row... yes I'm counting Jack Lalanne as a sports post). Anyway, they lost. And I don't really care. Sure I'm from NY and I live in NY but real New Yorkers like the Giants. The Jets feel like Jersey to me or something. Less than. Like the Mets - watch out! No, I really don't care but I do like that Mark Sanchez (Dirty Sanchez as I like to call him... and if there's anyone I'd like a shit mustache from it would be this guy!)

GRRRRRR.....


Anyway, I'm happy for Pittsburgh. Give it to the working class. Give it to the everyman. People have the power! Pittsburgh has always been kind to me Dear Readers so let's drink to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment