Sunday, January 23, 2011

Last Night, This Morning

Last night I watched the Terry Zwigoff film, Art School Confidential. It was okay at best. Some of it was charming but most of it felt cliche and lame: the failed artist teaching at mediocre art school, art fags, lesbians and another failed/genius artist who also happens to love fellatio (who doesn't) and murder. A Charles Manson figure.

Then David and I played Bananagrams and I won twice and he won once. We had steak and a baked potato and broccoli for dinner. He had an arugula salad and some red wine too. Both looked delicious. I was feeling it last night. I really wanted some wine. But I didn't have any. Fine. Boring. Lame.

Went to bed. Played dueling swords after reading A Complicated Man, an oral history of Bill Clinton. It's very good. Basically he never lived up to his potential. Surprise. Plus Whitewater seems to be a whole lot of nothing! Poor Hillary!

This morning I did my Cardio Recovery and I was looking forward to it but it sucked. It was really REALLY hard and I hated it and Shaun T. was pissing me off.

But I did it. And then I had a ground turkey, mushroom and onion omelet with one piece of whole wheat toast and half a grapefruit.

Today I'm debating whether or not I'm going to go to see Carlos a five 1/2 hour movie about Carlos The Jackal, the premier terrorist of the '70s and '80s. I'm just not sure I can commit because I have dinner plans and I'd rather do it on a day when I have nothing and can just come home.

We'll see. Right now I'm watching Waitress with Keri Russell, Cheryl Hines and Adrienne Shelley (RIP). And Andy Griffith is in it! That's a nice twist. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment