Monday, January 17, 2011

Like Dylan in the Movies


So yesterday I saw Another Year, the new Mike Leigh movie and LOVED it. It reaffirmed my non-drinking for the moment because I don't want to be 50 and crying and smoking while my better-than-me friends are casually sipping their second - and final - glass of wine, gloating in their winces and preparing to go upstairs to their bedroom with 600 thread count sheets and read Proust to each other while being totally and completely in love. That's who I want to be. Oh, and I want to be fit and gorgeous too. So screw everything but that.

Phew!

Then later I watched the Golden Globes! It was a movie-filled day! Maybe if I have time later I'll do a fashion review (maybe... I'm chomping at the bit here!)

Anyway, they sort of suck. As my BF said after "they're predictable" and Natalie Portman nee Hershlag did some crazy ass hyena shit as she thanked her parents, the also-Hershlags. And is it really a revelation that someone would want to sleep with her? She's young, pretty, rich, thin and famous. Not much of a stretch Hershlag! But what was a stretch was that mother-fucking train wreck of an elastic pregnancy gown she was wearing. Way to draw attention to your stupidity by wearing that disgusting, giant, candy-encrusted rosette. Yuck. Use some of your money from your next shit show, No Strings Attached (starring the Kutch, really?) and buy some taste.

Anyway, I'm a little over award-show pomp. I thought Ricky Gervais was right on skewering this bloated industry. I love movies but the bullshit is well, just that.

PS. Do you think Dylan and Cole Sprouse are related to Stephen?

No comments:

Post a Comment