Thursday, January 27, 2011

Subway Dreams of SJP


Dear Readers - While reading Must You Go? I came across this little gem: A minute flaxen-haired doll called Sarah, so small she could hardly read the script, proved to be the most brilliant actress. (Years later I was amused that the minute flaxen-haired doll had become famous as Sarah Jessica Parker.)
She was auditioning for Harold Pinter's version of Henry James's The Turn of the Screw.
I dreamt I could run into her and tell her this because I think she got beat up in the press - rather unfairly - for Sex and the City 2, a wonderful depression-era romp. Anyway, I thought it would brighten her day.
I once read a book on Andy Warhol and my friend's mother was mentioned a few times as one of the founding members of the Andy Warhol fan club. She was then Chief Curator of Prints at MOMA. I couldnt' wait to tell her and when I did she already knew. It was kind of disappointing but oh well. It was at the Marina Abromovic opening. She cried (Marina). "Crocodile tears", as my friend Lucas said.

No comments:

Post a Comment