Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Theme Song for OWS?



Anyway, as I was waxing nostalgic, not to mention waxing my nalgene (?!) I came across this gem of a video and remembered how Gorgeous and I met. It was '85 or '86, a Mother Love Bone concert in Seattle. She had gone there to dry out (again) but she was apparently off the wagon this time because there she was, back stage, rimming Chris Cornell.

I said "girl, you better get it together hon'" but was quickly swept away by Stone Gossard who was just dying for me to meet this new guy, Ed Vedder. I was excited, the new gal in town, looking for a little action. But let me tell you Dear Readers what I got was some long hair who I had to hold the entire night because he couldn't stop crying about his mother.

I'm pretty sure this is when my transition began.

Anyway, for all you OWSers, think about... you need a theme song!


I don't mind stealing bread
From the mouths of decadence
But I can't feed on the powerless
When my cup's already overfilled
But it's on the table
The fire's cooking
And they're farming babies
While the slaves are working
Blood is on the table
And the mouths are choking
But I'm going hungry

I don't mind stealing bread
From the mouths of decadence
But I can't feed on the powerless
When my cup's already overfilled
But it's on the table
The fire's cooking
And they're farming babies
While the slaves are all working
And it's on the table
The mouths are choking

But I'm going hungry
I'm going hungry

I don't mind stealing bread

I'm going hungry
(Going hungry)

1 comment:

  1. crystal, why did you tag vanessa hudgens in this post? maybe you meant placenta onions?

    ReplyDelete