Friday, February 3, 2012

Is "Tranny" Really So Offensive? Trannies weigh in!


But seriously Dear Readers - the latest "controversy" of the word "tranny" comes from "Blake Lively".

"I hope to have a few girls one day. If not girls, they better be trannies. Because I have some amazing shoes and bags and stories that need to be appreciated."

Now really, Crystal does not see what's wrong with that. It's like a complement, right? If Crystal was to be called transgender she would be flattered. And remember, Crystal may or may not be transgender. 

But here's our theory - if it comes from a place of acceptance isn't it okay? If Sherry Shepherd can call her best friends her "niggers" or excuse me, "niggas" can I call mine my "trannies"?

Let me say this: I agree that transgender folks should not be marginalized and made to feel like minstrels but I'm just not offended by the word tranny in this context. And isn't it just that, context? If this were Bill O'Reilly or Ann Coulter, yes! But Ms. Blake Lively who referred to herself as a tranny? I mean, she's gorgeous!

Weigh in transgender people all over this big gay world!



1 comment:

  1. Chrystal, I love the word tranny and I also love blake lively. if i were a tranny i'd wish i looked like blake lively.

    xo rivera may day

    ReplyDelete